Meet with new and existing clients to take applications for residential mortgage loans; engage in marketing efforts to build client base and increase business; work with the operations staff to facilitate the processing and closing of mortgage loans; stay current on mortgage laws, rules and regulations and always maintain individual licensing in good standing.
- Meet with borrowers to take applications for purchase and refinance transactions.
- Engage in marketing efforts to increase business, client, and referral base.
- Pull the borrower(s) credit report(s), copy borrower documentation; put file in proper stacking order; pre-qualify the borrower; quote price according to Loan Originator pricing guidelines and input the information into approved LOS.
- Work with the processor and other operations staff to facilitate the quick and smooth closing of the transaction.
- Communicate with realtor and borrower on any additional needs and status updates.
- Lock the loan with the Secondary Marketing Department.
- Meet with processor on a routine basis to review pipeline.
- Meet continuing education requirements as required by each state and the NMLS.
- Attend training as required from time to time.
- Keep current on FHA/VA/USDA/Conventional changes and guidelines as communicated by underwriting or operations or external sources.
- Ensure that an environment of teamwork is always maintained.
- Maintain the highest possible level of customer service.
- Interface with other departments as necessary to ensure the smooth operation and growth of the Organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standards Of Performance / Minimum Qulifications
- Minimum of 2 years of mortgage and/or sales experience preferred.
- Closes an average of 3 loans per month.
- Greater than 95% of loans are correspondent loans.
- Greater than 80% of production is purchase transactions.
- Communicates challenges and opportunities to Manager.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of mortgage industry practices and regulations
- Strong analytical skills combined with sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong customer service values and the ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to both internal and external customers.
- High level of computer literacy
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to all regulations and compliance standards on internal and external policies.
- The desire and ability to abide by our four pillars of: Advocacy, Excellence, Integrity, and Accountability.